In today’s Nigerian job market, many companies are turning to recruitment agencies to find the best candidates for their vacant positions. Before you hire a consultant, it’s also important to consider the factors that will affect the hiring process.
The hiring process involves a lot of tasks that can become very time-consuming. With the help of a recruitment agency, it can be done in a way that saves you a lot of time and helps you get the right talent. When hiring a third party to handle this process for you, it is essential that you know what to look out for and you have adequate information before selecting the agency to manage your recruitment process.
Examine these points as they will guide you when conducting your search:
- Industry expertise: Before hiring a recruitment agency, find out the industries they have serviced in the past. Check out if they have recruited top talents for a competitor, as this would determine the likely success to hire talents in your organization. You should ask for a record of the placement of candidates, testimonials, and references from their clients as this information will serve as a guide to meet your recruiting demands. You can further search to determine the quality of candidates put forward by these agencies, recruitment timeline, and so on. By doing this, you can determine if the recruitment agency fully understands your industry and the potential you want to hire.
- Determine your goals: One of the most important tips for selecting a recruitment agency for your company is to know what you need. A recruitment agency may fail to fill the vacant position with the right candidate if you don’t communicate what you need from the intended candidate. First thing is to look at your organization and find out what your needs are for the position that you are trying to occupy. Then you can now communicate your needs to the recruitment agency. A recruiting agency may be good at what they do, but it might be difficult for them to find great talents for your position if you do not know what you want.
- Work with a transparent and reliable recruitment agency: You cannot afford to work with a recruiting agency that is not reliable and cannot deliver on what they say they can. Ensure the agency is transparent about their prices and the quality of talents that would be filling your vacant position. To avoid falling victim to this, check the agency’s website or other platforms for testimonials. With this, you would be able to find a good amount of reviews of how the company may be useful to you.
- Cost to Hire: The rate at which recruiting agencies in Nigeria hire talents differ from one agency to another agency, and the most expensive or the cheapest does not have to correlate with the quality of talents sourced. It is safer to sign an agreement with the recruiting agency based on what services they are rendering. Before hiring a recruiting agency, aside from asking for their rate, ask for their recruitment timeline to ensure that it aligns with your budget and expectations.
- The Recruiter’s expertise: When hiring a recruiting agency in Nigeria ensure that you are working with experienced recruiters, with enough years of experience where they should have built a network of experienced talents over the years. You hire a recruiting agency based on a network of candidates that no one can find. It is also necessary to find out the track record of the recruiting agency’s success in similar roles that you would like to fill. With a good network, it takes less time for the recruiters to fill the position. Ibadan Job Connect is a recruitment agency in Nigeria with years of recruitment experience and a large pool of qualified talents. Engage with any of our services that fit your needs.